- The work must be literature of the fantastic, which includes fabulist, fantasy, magic realist, science fiction, speculative, supernatural horror, and surrealist works.
- The work must be a novel, or novel-length short story collection.
- The author must be Canadian—that is, a Canadian Citizen (native or naturalized; resident in Canada or residing outside Canada) or Landed Immigrant in Canada.
- Translations into English are considered on an equal footing with works written originally in English. Only the first translation of a work is eligible.
- The work must be substantially text-based and have been published in print or in electronic form.
- Novels and short story collections published in any given calendar year are eligible for consideration in the following calendar year. If a work was not submitted in its first year of eligibility it can then be submitted for consideration one year later.
- E-books can be submitted only in epub format, without DRM.
*Please include only one work per upload file.
*There is an administrative fee for novel length works of $20 per title.
Deadline for submissions is Midnight Eastern Standard Time on January 31, 2019.
You will be asked to provide details such as ISBN number, and which category the work should be considered for (either Adult or Young Adult) All works must have been previously published in 2018 (or 2017 if not submitted last year).