- The work must be literature of the fantastic, which includes fabulist, fantasy, magic realist, science fiction, speculative, supernatural horror, and surrealist works.
- The work must be a short story and be any length less than 7,500 words.
- The author must be Canadian—that is, a Canadian Citizen (native or naturalized; resident in Canada or residing outside Canada) or Landed Immigrant in Canada.
- Translations into English are considered on an equal footing with works written originally in English. Only the first translation of a work is eligible.
- The work must be substantially text-based and have been published in book or in e-book form with either an ISBN or ISSN. Short stories may also have been published in an online magazine. *Material posted on personal websites is not eligible.
- No work can be submitted twice. Short stories have only one year of eligibility.Submit your story in either word document or pdf format only. You will be asked to provide details of where the work was originally published along with the date and story length. All works must have been originally published in 2017.
*Please include only one story per upload file.
*Do not submit a complete magazine or anthology.
*Non paying markets qualify.
*There is no administrative fee for short form submissions.
Deadline for submissions is Midnight Eastern Standard Time on January 31, 2018.